• August 18, 2026

Delhi University Suspends PhD Scholar, Bars Campus Entry Over Professor Assault Case

Delhi University Suspends PhD Scholar, Bars Campus Entry Over Professor Assault Case
Share

News india Delhi University Suspends PhD Scholar, Bars Campus Entry Over Professor Assault Case

Last Updated:

Shubham Singh, a PhD scholar at the Faculty of Law admitted in the 2024-25 academic session, was suspended with immediate effect.

The university said the action was taken after it received CCTV footage related to the incident. (File Photo)

The university said the action was taken after it received CCTV footage related to the incident. (File Photo)

Delhi University on Monday suspended a PhD scholar and barred him from entering the university campus following an alleged assault involving a professor at Umang Bhawan.

According to an order issued by the university’s Proctor’s Office, Shubham Singh, a PhD scholar at the Faculty of Law admitted in the 2024-25 academic session, was suspended with immediate effect.

The university said the action followed CCTV footage received in connection with an incident that took place at around 10:30 am at Umang Bhawan.

“The incident took place on Monday morning and the student can be seen slapping a professor. A committee has been formed to look into it,” DU Proctor Manoj Kumar Singh told PTI.

The university has also banned Singh from entering any Delhi University premises with immediate effect under Ordinance XV-B of the Delhi University Act, 1922.

The notice issued by the Proctor’s Office said Singh was “suspended from the Faculty of Law, University of Delhi, with immediate effect”. It further stated that his entry to the university premises had been prohibited with immediate effect.

Three-member panel formed

The university has constituted an independent three-member committee to investigate the alleged misconduct and submit its findings.

The committee is headed by Rajeev Gupta from the Department of Chemistry. Vipul Singh from the Department of History and Sudha Singh from the Department of Hindi are its other members.

The committee has been asked to investigate the matter and submit its report, according to a separate notice issued by the Office of the Proctor on Monday.

(With inputs from PTI)

Key Questions Answered

Powered by

ask search iconAsk News18

Delhi University has formed a three-member committee to investigate the alleged misconduct by the PhD scholar and submit its findings.

Powered by

ask search iconAsk News18

About the Author

News Desk

News Desk

The News Desk is a team of passionate editors and writers who break and analyse the most important events unfolding in India and abroad. From live updates to exclusive reports to in-depth explainers, …Read More

Disclaimer: Comments reflect users’ views, not News18’s. Please keep discussions respectful and constructive. Abusive, defamatory, or illegal comments will be removed. News18 may disable any comment at its discretion. By posting, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

Read More



Source


Share

Related post

‘स्टूडेंट्स को ज़्यादा खतरा होगा…’ CJP प्रोटेस्ट के बीच DU पर क्यों भड़कीं पूजा भट्ट?

‘स्टूडेंट्स को ज़्यादा खतरा होगा…’ CJP प्रोटेस्ट के…

Share Pooja Bhatt On Delhi University: नीट पेपर लीक मामले को लेकर जारी कॉकरोच जनता पार्टी (CJP) के…
Delhi University Bomb Threat: threat emails sent to ramjas, deshbandhu colleges; police rush in | Delhi News – The Times of India

Delhi University Bomb Threat: threat emails sent to…

Share Ramjas College and Deshbandhu College in Delhi received bomb threat emails on Thursday, prompting an immediate emergency…
DU Admissions: 68,116 Candidates Secure Seats After Round 2, Vacant List On Aug 25

DU Admissions: 68,116 Candidates Secure Seats After Round…

Share Last Updated:August 23, 2025, 10:43 IST According to the DU UG admission schedule, candidates must accept their…