• January 18, 2025

‘There were bites on my daughter’s neck but a swab was not collected from there’: RG Kar victim’s father | India News – The Times of India

‘There were bites on my daughter’s neck but a swab was not collected from there’: RG Kar victim’s father | India News – The Times of India
Share

NEW DELHI: As the Sealdah Court prepares to announce the verdict in the RG Kar rape and murder case, the father of the victim said that there were “defects in investigations”. Speaking to reporters, he alleged that the Central Bureau of Investigation is “not trying much” and that “someone is involved” in the incident.
“CBI never called me anywhere, they came to our residence once or twice but whenever we asked them about the investigation, they always said it was underway.

Saif Ali Khan Health Update

There were bites on my daughter’s neck but a swab was not collected from there,” the victim’s father said.
“In the post-mortem report, there was no concrete evidence. CBI is not trying much. There is someone involved in this… In the DNA report, it can be seen that 4 men and 2 women were present there. We want all the people involved in this to be punished,” he added.

The case centers on the rape and murder of a postgraduate trainee doctor at R G Kar Medical College and Hospital on 9 August last year. Sanjay Roy, a civic volunteer with the Kolkata Police, was arrested a day after the victim’s body was found in the hospital’s seminar room.
Initially investigated by Kolkata Police, the case was later handed over to the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) by the Calcutta high court.
The CBI has built its case against Roy using extensive biological evidence, including DNA samples, viscera reports, and saliva swabs. The agency claimed that DNA samples found on the victim matched Roy’s, and injuries on his body indicated a violent struggle. A clump of hair and a Bluetooth device recovered from the crime scene also linked Roy to the incident. However, the victim’s parents remain unconvinced that Roy acted alone.
Throughout the 66-day in-camera trial, the CBI presented over 120 witnesses and relied heavily on forensic evidence to argue that the crime met the criteria of a “rarest of rare” case. The post-mortem report revealed the victim had been manually strangled and smothered, with multiple injuries indicating severe physical resistance. Despite these findings, the victim’s parents have filed an application seeking further investigation, insisting that other individuals involved have not been brought to justice.




Source


Share

Related post

‘Our Defence Was Not Good’: Head Coach Craig Fulton Reacts After India’s 2-4 Defeat Against England

‘Our Defence Was Not Good’: Head Coach Craig…

Share News sports hockey ‘Our Defence Was Not Good’: Head Coach Craig Fulton Reacts After India’s 2-4 Defeat…
‘Tent fell, barricades collapsed’: Stampede-like situation at Ujjain temple leaves devotees injured

‘Tent fell, barricades collapsed’: Stampede-like situation at Ujjain…

Share Several devotees were reportedly injured after a stampede-like situation broke out near temple complex NEW DELHI: Several…
Can reputation of a celebrity be inherited, asks HC

Can reputation of a celebrity be inherited, asks…

Share NEW DELHI: The Delhi high court, which has recently become the preferred place to secure “personality rights”,…