• April 10, 2026

‘No Ceasefire In Lebanon’: Netanyahu Vows To Strike Hezbollah ‘With Full Force’

‘No Ceasefire In Lebanon’: Netanyahu Vows To Strike Hezbollah ‘With Full Force’
Share

Last Updated:

The twin announcements- continued military strikes alongside diplomatic talks- came as Israel launched a fresh wave of strikes on Hezbollah launch sites inside Lebanon.

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu. (Image: Reuters)

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu. (Image: Reuters)

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said there is “no ceasefire in Lebanon” and that Israeli forces would continue striking Hezbollah with “full force,” even as he simultaneously announced the opening of direct negotiations with the Lebanese government aimed at reaching a peace agreement.

The twin announcements- continued military strikes alongside diplomatic talks- came as the Israel Defence Forces launched a fresh wave of strikes on Hezbollah launch sites inside Lebanon and as the fragile US-Iran ceasefire faced growing uncertainty over whether it extends to the Lebanese theatre.

Strikes And Talks At The Same Time

“I wish to inform you: There is no ceasefire in Lebanon. We are continuing to strike Hezbollah with full force, and we will not stop until we restore your security,” Netanyahu said in a statement.

Read more: Trump Calls Anti-Iran War Commentators ‘Nut Jobs’, Says Tucker Carlson Chasing ‘Cheap Publicity’

In the same breath, he said he had instructed his cabinet to begin direct negotiations with Beirut, citing “repeated requests” from the Lebanese government to open talks.

“The negotiations will focus on the disarmament of Hezbollah and the establishing of peaceful relations between Israel and Lebanon,” his office said. The IDF confirmed it had begun attacking Hezbollah launch sites in Lebanon shortly after the announcement.

Beirut Signals Openness

Lebanon’s President Joseph Aoun said a ceasefire with Israel remains “the only viable solution” to the current situation and indicated that the proposal to open direct negotiations had already received a “positive response.” Netanyahu’s office said Israel “appreciates” a call by Lebanon’s Prime Minister to demilitarise Beirut, signalling a potential, if tentative, diplomatic opening between the two sides.

The developments have added a new layer of complexity to the already fragile US-Iran ceasefire. Tehran has maintained that the truce includes a halt to Israeli military operations in Lebanon. Both Washington and Jerusalem have firmly rejected that interpretation, insisting the ceasefire applies only to Iran proper.

News world ‘No Ceasefire In Lebanon’: Netanyahu Vows To Strike Hezbollah ‘With Full Force’
Disclaimer: Comments reflect users’ views, not News18’s. Please keep discussions respectful and constructive. Abusive, defamatory, or illegal comments will be removed. News18 may disable any comment at its discretion. By posting, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

Read More



Source


Share

Related post

‘Progress In As Little As 30 Days’: Trump Envoy Says Hamas Disarmament May Begin Within A Month

‘Progress In As Little As 30 Days’: Trump…

Share News world ‘Progress In As Little As 30 Days’: Trump Envoy Says Hamas Disarmament May Begin Within…
Is Netanyahu headed for setback in Israel election? No Trump endorsement raises eyebrows

Is Netanyahu headed for setback in Israel election?…

Share Benjamin Netanyahu has yet to be endorsed by Donald Trump Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s Likud is…
Trump’s Closest Gulf Allies Are Frustrated With His Iran War Strategy: What Does This Mean

Trump’s Closest Gulf Allies Are Frustrated With His…

Share Last Updated:August 02, 2026, 22:16 IST Gulf allies have asked United States for additional air-defence interceptors and…